Gluten and Dairy Free Tangerine Almond Cake
This cake allows you to enjoy the end of Christmas indulgence without being too indulgent. It is dairy and gluten free and will remain so if served with a tangerine and sugar drizzle.
75g/2½ oz brown sugar
140g/5oz ground almonds
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 heaped tsp mixed spice
60ml/1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp flaked almonds
To serve – Creme Fraiche, custard or the juice of a tangerine mixed into a syrup with icing sugar.
- Put the two tangerines in a pan of simmering water for an hour. Remove and Cool.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and oil and line a 23cm standard cake tin.
- Whizz all of the ingredients in a food processor and pour the mixture into the cake tin.
- Sprinkle flaked almonds over the surface.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool and serve with one of the above suggestions.