Cinnamon Cherry Muesli with
My book, Afternoon Tea, is almost out and there do not seem to be many left already so if you would like one, please visit the link by clicking on Afternoon Tea. I will post something next week when it is officially released! I will be selling at some fairs which I will post next week.
This muesli is the second time I have put a muesli recipe on this blog. This is more robust and equally good, just different. The current sensible eating phase we can’t help but absorb has affected this recipe – I have used agave, but if you choose to add no sugar you could of course add a spoonful of honey. My husband is allergic to honey but I should imagine that if you used runny honey in place of the agave, it would work well.
600g mixed nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, peanuts etc (my version has 200g of pecans)
1 cup (250ml) of desiccated coconut
3 tbsp cinnamon (this is tbsp, not tsp)
100ml rapeseed oil
100ml agave syrup
150g dried cherries or cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Roughly chop the nuts (I used the pulse button on a magimix)
3. Mix the remaining ingredients together with the nuts in a large bowl and tip onto a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 8 -10 minutes, being careful if your oven is fan assisted, that it does not burn.
5. Add the fruit and allow to cool before storing in an air-tight container.
Serve with milk, yoghurt, or as a snack with a cup of tea.