Chocolate Cinnamon Bread and Butter Pudding
Delicious, indulgent, comforting with interest added via cinnamon.
400mls full fat milk
100g dark chocolate, broken up
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
butter for the bread
4 slices country bread
2 tbsp demerara sugar
1. Put the milk, chocolate and cinnamon in a pan over a medium heat.
2. While it is melting, separate 2 eggs, (put the egg whites in the freezer for another time). Put the yolks in a clean bowl and whisk them with the sugar until a pale colour.
3. When the chocolate has melted into the milk, slowly pour the chocolate cinnamon milk on top of the yolks, stirring as you do so. Allow to cool.
4. Slice the bread (I just leave crusts on unless it is very crusty) and arrange it in a 15-20cm² oven proof dish.
5. Pour the milk chocolate custard on top and allow it to soak in for about an hour.
6. Sprinkle the demerara sugar on top of the pudding.
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until a little crisp on top.
9. Let it settle for 5 minutes or so before serving with cream, lots of it!